Saturday, February 1, 2014

2014 Pre-season Yankees Prospect Rankings (by position)

by: Ben Embry

Yesterday I gave you my thoughts on the Top 25 overall prospects in the Yankees farm system.  I actually go much deeper in rankings, with about 61 players on my watchlist.  So I thought I'd give you a further breakdown by rankings pitchers and hitters seperately.  First the pitchers:

Rank Player Position
1 Ian Clarkin SP
2 Rafael de Paula SP
3 Manny Banuelos SP
4 Luis Severino SP
5 Jose Ramirez SP
6 Jose Campos SP
7 Ty Hensley SP
8 Gabe Encinas SP
9 Nik Turley SP
10 Bryan Mitchell SP
11 Mark Montgomery RP
12 Caleb Smith SP
13 Omar Luis SP
14 Nick Goody RP
15 Rookie Davis SP
16 Brady Lail SP
17 Dietrich Enns SP
18 Jordan Cote SP
19 Cesar Vargas SP
20 Angel Rincon SP
21 Cale Coshow SP
22 David Palladino SP
23 Zach Nuding RP
24 Evan Rutckyj SP
25 Daniel Camarena SP

The hitters are as follows:

Rank Player Position
1 Gary Sanchez C
2 Mason Williams OF
3 Eric Jagielo 3B
4 Tyler Austin OF/1B
5 Slade Heathcott OF
6 J.R. Murphy C
7 Aaron Judge OF
8 Greg Bird 1B
9 Gosuke Katoh 2B
10 Abiatal Avelino SS
11 Luis Torrens C
12 Miguel Andujar 3B
13 Peter O'Brien 3B/C
14 Angelo Gumbs 2B
15 Mike O'Neill OF
16 Ben Gamel OF
17 Rob Refsnyder 2B
18 Ramon Flores OF
19 Tyler Wade SS
20 Thairo Estrada SS
21 Jake Cave OF
22 Alexander Palma OF
23 Cito Culver SS
24 Dante Bichette, Jr. 3B
25 Austin Aune OF

After today, I'll turn my attention back to draft rankings, begrudgingly since New York will not have a first round pick.  Still, there will be about 250 players on my list so there should still be a few prospects that end up Yankees.  And who knows, maybe a Top 25 player will inexplicably slide to the Bombers like Jon Denney did for Boston last year, (lucky bastards).  I'll also be keeping an eye on the July 2 prospects, which New York has been purported to be in VERY DEEP on.  Like, they may sign all of the top guys, who knows.  There's been a lot of information already, but only from Kiley McDaniel over at Scouting Baseball and most of what he has said has been in his premium service, so out of respect for him, I'll keep it to myself.  All I can say is...be excited.  Or as excited as you should be about kids who won't play in the majors for at least another 4-6 years.  But seriously, if you have any kind of interest in July 2 prospects, Kiley's articles are worth the subscription.

Take care everybody and have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment