Monday, November 26, 2012

Excellent Read: The Missing Yankees of 2007 - 2009

Sometimes when writting a blog, you have great ideas that you proudly tweet out several, several times, (see: my article on the AL MVP race).  Others, you read someone else's work and think "Damn I wish I had thought of that!"  Such is the case of Steve Goldman's article on the Pinstriped Bible called "The Missing Yankees of 2007 - 2009".  It's an astute observation of the Yankees' woeful drafting from 2007 to 2009 and how it impacts the team today.  Player development, and in particular the draft, are special interests of mine.  If you've read much of my blog, you'll know that I spend an unhealthy amount of time disecting it.  In his article, Steve correctly surmises that had the Yankees been more successful in the draft over these three years, they would be in position to promote players from withing which would make their goal of decreasing their payroll much easier to attain.

I encourage all (three) of my readers to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment